Obtaining an international driver’s licence as an Indian is not as difficult as you would think. When you get your driver’s licence in the mail, don’t you feel like a million bucks? This is akin to achieving freedom for the vast majority of people. Conversely, there comes a moment when we stop thinking about it twice before getting behind the wheel. It’s always going to be by our side, right? The thrill of independence is eroded by the monotony of daily life. We don’t take many road trips since our lives are so routinely scheduled.
But wait, you’ve asked quite a few questions already! Do you know whether the licence you have with you will be valid for entry into that establishment? If this isn’t the case, then please detail what must be done to get an International Drivers Association.
What kinds of proof are needed?
Chill! Answers to your queries are offered in this section. In addition, as is our tradition, we will go the extra mile to make sure you fully understand the procedure. As our departure time approaches, everyone should buckle up. Other than that, you may simply start moving!
Permissibility of Foreign Driver’s Licenses
An Indian citizen who wishes to drive a motor vehicle in a country other than India must first get a valid international driver’s licence. This document must be carried at all times while driving a motor vehicle. It is the primary responsibility of the Zonal Regional Transport Office (RTO) to issue foreign driver’s licences. Someone with an international driver’s licence may rent and drive automobiles in any country they visit.
Important Facts & Points to Think About International Driving Permit or Certificate of Competence
- An international driver’s licence is a kind of identification that functions as a licence abroad.
- A driver’s licence issued in one country may be used in any country in the world for a duration of one calendar year.
- If an Indian national plans to drive while on vacation in another country, they must get a foreign driver’s licence before leaving India.
- While an Indian driver’s licence could be recognised in certain other countries, an international driver’s permit is still recommended. This is because filing an insurance claim will always be less of a hassle if you have an international driver’s licence.
Making an Application for or Acquiring an International Driver’s Permit
It might take anywhere from two to seven business days to get an overseas driver’s licence. Application for an international driver’s licence may be made at any of the following:
- Office of Transportation for a Particular Zone.
- Western Indian Automobile Association.
Access the International Association of Traffic Control Officials’ website here:
These are the requirements for obtaining an international driver’s licence:
You may apply for an ITCA international driver’s licence online. However, there are additional expenses associated with this kind of operation. The WIAA and Zonal RTO are both low-cost and paper-light alternatives to traditional government agencies. Let’s check out what’s needed to apply for an international driver’s licence.